1 (1/2 cup) ripe avocado (peeled, seeded)
2 tablespoons red onion (chopped)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
3 to 4 tablespoons butter (softened)
4 large Eggland’s Best® eggs
8 slices Italian bread
8 thin tomato slices
4 slices provolone cheese
1. Combine avocado, onion, salt and pepper in small bowl. Mash with fork until well mixed, then set aside.
2. Melt 1 teaspoon butter in 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat until sizzling.
3. Break 2 eggs into pan; breaking the yolks with a spatula.
4. Cook until set on bottom (2 to 3 minutes).
5. Turn eggs over and continue cooking until eggs are cooked through (2 minutes).
6. Remove eggs from pan; cover to keep warm.
7. Repeat with 1 teaspoon butter and remaining 2 eggs.
8. To assemble each sandwich, spread 1 tablespoon avocado mixture onto 1 side of each bread slice. Top 1 slice of bread, spread-side up, with 1 fried egg, 2 slices tomato and 1 slice of cheese. Place 1 slice of bread, spread-side down, over cheese. Butter outside slices of bread with about 1 teaspoon of butter each.
9. Place 2 sandwiches in same skillet and cook over medium heat, turning once, until golden brown on both sides (2 to 3 minutes).
10. Repeat with remaining 2 sandwiches.