For the arepas::
2 cups P.A.N.® Pre-Cooked White Corn Meal
2 1/2 cups water
1 teaspoon salt
For the filling::
6 chicken breast fillets (roasted or grilled, seasoned with herbs de Provence (thyme, rosemary, oregano, basil and lavendar) cut into pieces or strips)
1 4-inch camembert cheese round
strawberry, red onion and red wine vinegar jam
fresh arugula for garnish
For the jam::
1 cup ripe strawberries (cleaned and stemmed)
1/2 cup sugar
2 red onions (very finely julienned)
1/8 cup red wine vinegar
1 sprig thyme
pinch ground pepper
For the jam:
1. In a bowl, combine the sugar and the strawberries. Set aside.
2. In a medium-sized pot, sauté the onions with the olive oil on medium heat. Cover and cook on low until they soften and caramelize, approximately 20 minutes.
3. Add the strawberries with sugar, vinegar, thyme and salt. Cook on medium heat for another 20 minutes, stirring occasionally until the liquid has reduced.
4. Adjust the salt and pepper. Store in sterilized jars. Let cool at room temperature before refrigerating.
For the arepas:
1. In a bowl, gradually combine the water, salt and P.A.N. Pre-cooked White Cornmeal. Blend for 2 minutes until a smooth dough is formed. Let sit for 5 minutes.
2. Divide the dough into 8-10 equal-sized portions. Next, shape the dough into balls and flatten into 4- to 5-inch thick disks with the palm of your hand.
3. Set a griddle to medium heat and pan-fry the arepas for 5 minutes per side. While still hot, use a knife to slice one side of the arepas open. Fill with the freshly roasted chicken and sliced camembert cheese. Add jam to taste and top with arugula.
4. Serve immediately.