For the arepa::
1 cup P.A.N.® Pre-Cooked White Corn Meal
1 1/2 cups water
1 1/4 cups sweet potato (cooked and sliced)
1/2 cups oats (soaked)
1 teaspoon salt
For the filling::
2 1/2 cups pulled pork
2 tomatoes (sliced)
1. Process the sweet potato with the water with a food processor or a blender until you have a soft and smooth mixture.
2. Pour the sweet potato puree, add oats, salt in a bowl and gradually add P.A.N. Pre-cooked White Corn Meal while constantly stirring so that it has no lumps. Knead to incorporate every ingredient and obtaining a soft and smooth dough, that has the color of the sweet potato.
3. Separate the dough in 4-6 equal portions and flatten to form 1 inch thick disks.
4. Add a teaspoon of oil and grease the bottom of a pan on medium heat. Cook the arepas for 5 minutes on each side.
5. Fill with pulled pork and tomato slices. Season to taste.