1/2 cup RiceSelect™ Red Quinoa (uncooked)
1 beef bouillon cube
non-stick cooking spray
1 pound extra-lean ground beef
1/4 cup onion (finely chopped)
1/4 cup carrot (grated)
2 tablespoons ketchup
2 cloves garlic (chopped)
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
1 1/2 cups marinara sauce
1/2 cup shredded Italian blend or Mozzarella cheese
2 tablespoons fresh parsley (chopped)
1. Bring 1 cup of water to a boil in a small saucepan. Add bouillon cube and stir to dissolve. Stir in quinoa. Reduce heat to low and cover. Simmer 15 minutes.
2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
3. Coat a large baking dish with cooking spray; set aside.
4. In a large bowl, mix together all ingredients except the marinara sauce, cheese and parsley. Form into walnut-sized balls and arrange on baking dish.
5. Roast in oven for approximately 20 minutes or until cooked through and golden brown.
6. Spoon sauce on top, then sprinkle with cheese; bake an additional 5 minutes or until sauce is hot and cheese is melted. Remove from oven and sprinkle with parsley.
7. Make sliders by slicing a dinner roll in half and placing meatball on top, sprinkle with fresh Parmesan cheese for extra flavor.